Friday, February 26, 2010

You Wanna Piece of Me?

Said in my best New Jersey accent. :) No not really but I thought I would take a few moments to talk about  myself and my "art".

First and foremost I want you all to know that I am incredibly honored and extremely grateful that you have entrusted me with the monumental task of capturing your memories.  That being said I also want you to know that a "piece of me" goes into everything that I create.  In a roundabout way I consider myself an artist and therefore everything I create comes right from my heart.  Whether it is a gorgeous 20"x30" gallery wrapped canvas print of your family, a custom made flower or headband for your hair, or a super hero cape or whimsical guitar strap or spring purse.  Each and every item is made with all my heart and soul.  Sometimes there is literally blood, sweat and tears that went into the final product.  Your portraits, hair accessories or hand sewn goodies represent me and how I feel about you or your family.  I know of no better way to express my love or admiration than to "make" something for you.  When I am photographing your child I am watching him or her as a parent does, looking at them with the same kind of love that I have when I watch my own children.  These precious moments or connections happen so quickly that my heart swells and tears often come to my eyes.  They will only be this way for a short time.  Unfortunately time marches on and we are left with nothing but our memories. 

I am an artist and a storyteller of sorts and I take my "job" very seriously.  You might not ever get the opportunity to capture these precious souls in this way ever again.  It is my pleasure to help you preserve these magical moments and "make" something special just for you. 

Now enough of the fluff let's get down to business...photos of course.  Here is a small sampling of some images that moved me or spoke to my soul over the last year. 
This little sweetie is Abbie and I just adore her.  It is quite a miracle that she is even here and her sweet parents are enjoying every minute with her.


You all remember Christina and Landan right.  Well what you don't know is that Christina was in a life threatening car accident a few years ago and her family didn't know if they would get the chance to have any more time with her.  Again another of God's miracles.

These sweet little girls are Kameryn and Regan and I'm sure you remember them from a few weeks ago. The miracle here is that I got this one precious moment with 2 very lively, active little girls.
Here we have beautiful little Taylor.  She is a quiet little thing and it's a lot harder than it looks to get her to make the connection with me that you see here.
Speaking of Taylor here she is again.  This time I was lucky enough to capture her in a moment of pure joy.  You can see it right on her face.
Little Mr. Blue Eyes here is Lance.  There is a special place reserved in my heart for this little guy.  What you can't see here is that he was not exactly happy to have my camera in his face when we first started.  I think he warmed up a bit don't you?
This is Isaac and yes technically we are related.  Isaac is a very fiesty, spunky little boy so to get this calm, serene moment made my heart skip a beat. 
Yes I know, VA VA VOOM!  Let me reintroduce Janna.  We met up for senior photos this last year and this photo is proof of what a little patience can do.  With seniors I often spend a great deal of time getting them to relax and be themselves.  This photo was one of the very last shots of the day.  I think all my yapping must've worked.

This cute little duo is Annie and Elliot.  We have been "friends" for awhile now and I get so excited everytime I get to work with them.  This particular photo was taken at their own home so you can see how comfortable they really were.  Pure love baby!!
And last but certainly not least is the Rogers clan.  This is one of my all time favorite photos...EVER!  It was completely spontaneous and perfect!  Again a little direction and a lot of patience and this is the payoff.

There a hundreds of other photos from 2009 that I would love to share with you but there just isn't the time or the space on my little 'ol blog.  Like I said before my heart and soul goes into everything I do and it is an absolute pleasure to do something that I love so much every single day. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Angela

***edited to add*** Technically the photo of Kameryn and Regan was not from 2009, it was just a couple of weeks ago.  I felt that it fit perfectly with todays topic so I included it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. These are ALL precious- you really are SO talented. I am a little partial to the little guy in the green shirt- I can't help it he's my favorite! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have never ever imagined such a perfect picture of my children! You really did capture them, and I will always treasure it!

    ReplyDelete