Thursday, February 11, 2010

***Product Spotlight***

Today I would like to take a few minutes and introduce The Gallery Wrapped Canvas.  For those of you who have been to my home studio, I'm sure you have noticed that I have several of these beauties hanging around.  They are by far my very favorite product.
Now remember everyone I work best photographing people not products. :)  Anyway this canvas is a collage of my 2 cuties that is hanging in my office.  It is 16"x20" and hangs directly on my wall.


This fiestly little thing is my 8 1/2 year old Savanna.  Again it is 16"x20" but she rests beautifully on my fireplace mantle.  Just to be fair I have another one in the exact same size of my 5 year old Logan sitting right next to Savanna on the mantle. 

Let's take a closer look shall we.  The term Gallery Wrapped refers to the type of canvas.  The image is printed slightly larger than the final size and then it is wrapped around a thick wooden frame.  Hence the term Gallery Wrapped Canvas.  That's Savanna's red sweater you see wrapping around the corners to the back side of the canvas.  In the collage below I designed it to have 2 photos so it would be white wrapping around to the back.

This is a close up of the actual canvas.  It is a bit hard to tell from just a photo but it has a gorgeous texture that makes me swoon.  Yes folks that's right I said swoon.  The photo is actually printed onto high end gallery worthy canvas and then sprayed with a special canvas laminate to protect it from scuffs and scratches and give it UV protection.

All Gallery Wrapped Canvas come ready to hang the moment you receive it.  Framing paper covers the back of the canvas, with metal hangers and bumpers applied to the corners.  You can literally hang your fine art up as soon as you get home with no additional work needed.  Unless of course you actually use a tape measure and level when you hang things on the walls.  :)

Gallery Wrapped Canvas can be ordered in a mulitude of sizes and styles.  As usual all the custom design work is done by yours truly so if you can imagine it I can probably create it.  A Gallery Wrapped Canvas is truly a piece of fine art and deserves to be displayed as such.  I personally feel that they are a beautiful way to document your story.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed our little journey into the world of canvas.  Stay tuned for future exciting installments in the world of photography products.  Oh and please be careful in all this snow!

Dreaming of spring!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment