Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let me tell you a little story...

it's about a horrible day & a sweet surprise. Let's go back to Monday & I'll recap some of the days tragic events. I'll start with Logan spilling an entire 12oz glass of blueberry, banana & carrot smoothie all over my fridge. When I say all over I mean ALL OVER! Rob and I had to take parts of the fridge apart so I could clean the smoothie out of the seal around the door and off the coils underneath. Not to mention out from in between all the drawers and shelves. Needless to say I'll be signing that boy up for baseball in the spring. Apparently he has some pretty good pitching skills.

Let's move on shall we. After spending an hour and 45 minutes cleaning the fridge I run downstairs to check my email. I find out that Savanna had trouble with an assessment in math and now we have a TON of homework to make up for it. As if we can just add 2 hours to our day.

Fast forward to later that evening. A couple weeks ago at Parent Teacher Conference I mistakenly volunteered to take some work home for Savanna's home room teacher. I had kind of forgotten about it until yesterday so I figured I'd better get it done that night. Let's just say it took Rob and I 6 hours together to cut out and glue about 10 million little tiny math flash cards. I guess the good part is I get to count 12 hours towards my volunteering goal for the year. :)

I forgot to mention a quick trip to Wal-mart mixed in there somewhere. Someone please tell me how to get my kids to behave at the store. We ran into one of Rob's flying students and my children proceeded to act like monkey's and completely embarrass us. Argh!
Now let's get to the sweet surprise. Rob needed a little break from all the cutting and gluing so he went downstairs to the computer. He called me down a few minutes later to "show me something". I know that I have shamelessly mentioned my etsy.com site where I sell custom hair flowers on here before. Well somehow my store was chosen to participate in a "sneak attack" late Monday night through Tuesday afternoon. A sneak attack is where a group of fellow crafters surprise a new store with an "attack" of surprise orders. My attack couldn't have come at a better time. It had been such a horrible day and Tuesday was my birthday so it was perfect timing. I just want to give a shout out to the ladies at http://www.handmademovement.com/ they made my day and gave me a perfect birthday gift. The attack carried over into Tuesday and I even got some more fabulous news about it today. ALL That Boutique (my flower site http://anglily.etsy.com) was featured on Sandi's T's blog today. You can access the page at www.sandists.com/Wordpress/2009/10/a-new-feature-sneak-attack-shops-and-what-i-bought/
Super long link I know. Anyway if you get a minute pop over there or to the handmade movement. The ladies at these sites are amazing. You will never find a more genuine group of gals. They set up the sneak attacks out of the goodness of their hearts. And I'll tell you what they sure made me feel like a million bucks!
Now I suppose I should post some photos since this is supposed to be a photography blog after all.
Meet Baby Grace. She is our newest niece and a total doll.
She was one of the easiest babies I've worked with in quite a while. No I'm not just saying that since we're related. :)
And just to prove that she didn't sleep the whole time...


One more...
You should also say Hello to big brother Jack

Well if any of you made it to the end of the longest blog post in history then you deserve an enormous gold star!! ****** There's 6 of them just for good measure. I suppose it's time to get back to the grindstone.
Happy Fall Y'all!
xoxoxoxo
Angela


4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry about all of that! Why didn't you call or at least tell me about your stress yesterday? I am so sorry- the fridge thing sounds aweful....So glad it ended on a good note and I hope you get loads of business from it.
    Love you much and hope your Birthday ended up being a day to put your cute smile back on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,

    Thank you for mentioning our Sneak Attack group, the Handmade Movement and of course my blog.
    We had so much fun Monday nite, and I am really glad that we were able to make up for all the frig and work stuff to give you a better birthday!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being sneak attacked! I'm sorry you had such a bad day, but I'm glad the Sneakers could make it end on a good note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being Sneak Attacked! We love to 'attack' people that deserve a break, and you did! Great shop! Thank you for blogging about us and for your wonderful photography! Baby grace in the basket is an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete