Friday, October 23, 2009

How's my breath honey?

Click to enlarge!


Now that I have your attention let me introduce The Hubrichs. They are the most thoughtful and generous family I have ever known. There is a special seat in Heaven reserved for this amazing family. Let me back up several years so that I can get the story right. Jeff was Rob's VERY 1st and MOST favorite Flight Instructor. Rob has a had a deep love for flying since he was very little but Jeff brought out that love and created a great pilot and amazing instructor in him. They connected on a level that you rarely find in this world.

Fast forward to last December. By this point Rob is now instructing at the same airport that Jeff taught him and Jeff is flying for SkyWest airlines. The 2 guys have kept in touch over the years and have remained close friends. For some reason that I can't seem to remember I FINALLY suggested that we have The Hubrichs over for dinner. It was only a couple days before Christmas and we were knee deep in the very difficult life of flight instructing. Jeff, Heather and their 2 beautiful children came to our home for dinner and our lives were changed forever.

Heather and I went to High School together and didn't even know it. Our children are very close in age and get along better than family. Heather and I are true soul sisters and I am sad that it took over 6 years for us to get our butts in gear and get together. I have never met anyone who is more like me in every way. When we are with The Hubrichs we are completely at ease and comfortable. Since our initial "meeting" last December we have spent quite a bit of time together and our little family of 4 has grown to love their little family of 4 very deeply. They understand the trials and tribulations of the "flying" life and have helped us out more than you will ever know. Life is SO much easier when there is someone out there who understands what you are going through and can lend an ear when you need to talk. My heart will forever be grateful to this amazing family and the crazy lives that brought us together!


Enough of the mushy stuff right?! Let's move on to some more photos shall we...


I don't often suggest pole dancing for your photos but with close friends like this why not right?!



This photo was taken seconds after a spontaneous outburst of "Never Smile at a Crocodile". It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Usually I am the ONLY one who ever sings that song but Jeff, Heather and I all started singing it super loud at the EXACT same time. No kidding! Like I said before, our connection is amazing! They even get my craziness!



This beautiful girl is Miss Cessna. Isn't that the most beautiful name you have ever heard? She is just 1 year younger than my Savanna and they are the best playmates ever. She is sweetest little girl, with just a bit of spunk thrown in for good measure. The spunk must be why she gets along so well with my family right?!


And last but not least is little Lance. Those blue eyes are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Please, please click to enlarge the photo so you can get a better look. There is NO Photoshop work done to them, they're all natural baby! Every time Lance came around this wall to play peek-a-boo with me he would run over and give me a huge hug. After stopping for the perfect photo 1st of course.

I just wanted to share a few of my favorites and introduce this awesome family. As most of you know by now a little piece of me goes into every photo I take. I know of no better way to express my love for someone than to "work" with them and capture such special memories. Thank you again Jeff and Heather for such a special friendship and for the funnest photo session ever! Oh and yes there are plenty more "traditional" photos. Not off of them as crazy as these.
Stay tuned for more exciting stories from my life in the fast lane!
Angela




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your VERY sweet words! I hope you know we feel just the same- we ADORE your family! These pictures are great! I CANNOT WAIT to see the rest of them.
    I absolutley LOVE LOVE LOVE the ones of Cessna and Lance- they are on order for SURE!
    You are so talented- thank you so much for sharing your talent with my family.

    I LOVE you SO Much!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way your blog is not updating in my feed when you do updates- I don't know what that means, but I just thought I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about it so I did a quick search. I'll just copy and paste the directions I found: It was an issue with a setting in blogger. Go to Dashboard / Settings / site feed. On Post Feed Redirect URL, make sure it is BLANK. If you type anything in that box, the feeder picks up whichever post is current at the time of saving and it always feeds back to that! Even if you just put in the name of your blog... This is definitely a glitch on blogger's part but the fix is easy.
    It sounds like a bunch of people have been having the same problem so if you get a chance try it and see what happens. I don't really have a clue what I'm doing so hope it works.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    xoxoxo
    Ang

    ReplyDelete