Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just 1 More...

I know y'all are probably sick of me using this "photography" blog as my personal message board or soap box but I guess in a way that is exactly what it is.  With that being said I feel the need to share 1 more personal story of sorts and then we'll get back to regularly scheduled programming.

If you have been reading this blog for a bit you might remember the post last December about my daughter Savanna dancing in Mountain West Ballet's Nutcracker.  http://angelalilyquistphotography.blogspot.com/2009/12/they-told-us-she-might-never-walk.html

Shortly after I posted the very personal story of her struggles I was contacted by the PR (public relations) department at Shriners Hospital where she has been receiving treatment from Dr. Hennessey.  They wanted permission to use her story with my photos and my words in marketing materials and other publications.  Of course I jumped at the chace.  As I might've mentioned here before, this girl sure likes to talk.  Especially about my kiddos.  Long story short, my computer crashed and burned right in the middle of the process of getting the photos sent off and the story being written.  After a bit of delay the story was published on Shriners website yesterday.  You can see it here...
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Salt_Lake_City/feature_story/Ballerina_Dreams.aspx

We are beyond honored to have received such top notch care at such an amazing place.  There are angels on earth walking the halls of their hospital every single day.  It is my personal goal to tell everyone who will listen about Shriners Hospitals for Children and their special mission to help the children who mean so much to all of us.  Savanna is very excited to help out by participating at local events and acting as a "spokesman" for Shriners whenever she can. 

Thank you Shriners Hospital for accepting Savanna and millions of other deserving children for much needed treatment.  Thank you Dr. Hennessey for your gentle and caring compassion when treating my little girl.  Thank you Peter in Orthotics for making us laugh every single time we saw you.  You made it fun to come and visit.  Thank you Melissa in Public Relations for finding a place for our story and taking a special interest in what we had to say.  Thank you Maureen for recommending Shriners to me in the first place.  Finally Thank You God for 2 perfect little angels that bless our lives every single day.  I am proud to say that I am their Mamma.

Until Next Time,
Angela

http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/

2 comments:

  1. So Sweet- and so glad you shared it on your blog. Even if it is a Photography blog- you are the photographer- so it is also about you!
    What an amazing place- and how blessed you must feel to be able to pay back in some way- I love all the pictures.....you must be a photographer!

    Love you- and your little Ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS SO AWESOME! I'm so happy for you. What a great way to lift others who are going through struggles. You are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete