Friday, January 29, 2010

It's a sad sad day...

I am posting today from my husbands laptop as the tech guys @ PC Laptops in SLC attempt to save all the data and programs from my computer. Apparently it's fried-way beyond repair. How did this happen you ask? Well I have NO idea. I am certainly not a computer guru by any means but we thought we'd been doing everything right. Long story short, I am without my main "work" computer. If you are waiting for proofs from your session there is a possibility they will be delayed. Hopefully they can transfer all my data and programs to a new computer and get it back to me tomorrow but I'm not positive. For now note to self, take the computer in to be serviced every 6-12 months and don't wait for a problem to get it checked.

Crying tears of frustration!!
Angela

**edited to add**
I am unable to get any emails for right now either. If you have emailed me and are waiting for a response, I promise to get back to you as soon as I get my computer up and running the right way again. Thanks for your patience!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO SO Sorry- I wish I could fix it.
    Scratch that- I wish I could fix Everything for you!

    ReplyDelete