Thursday, July 8, 2010

The "in betweens"...

For the last couple of months I've been toying with the idea of a photo of the week type post.  I'm too A.D.D. to commit to a daily post but I can probably handle a weekly post.  Enter disclaimer here...I won't promise anything as far as what day of the week I will post but I will do my best to be consistent.

On to the topic of the photo of the week posts...the in betweens.  I know, I know that's not grammatically correct but hear me out.  Most of you know me and know my work.  It has a very organic, un-posed feel to it.  While I see the need and do try to accomodate the larger traditional family portraits my heart lies in those stolen moments of family connectedness.  The "in betweens".  Let me give you a couple of examples...
click to enlarge

This is the perfect example of a hilarious "in between" moment.  Poor baby Morgan was not having a good day, as you can tell.  Big sister Addison was just trying to help and the middle child, was well the middle child.

I often capture "in between" moments that are more worthy of your precious wall space.

click to enlarge

This particular shot is one of my all time favorites.  I gave the kids some simple directions to walk across the bridge, stop and turn to look at me.  This is the yummy result.


click to enlarge

Another favorite.  Little brother Elliot wasn't quite sure about me yet, but big sister Annie just wanted some love.

How about one more?

click to enlarge

I asked these cute kiddos to show me their best yoga moves.  I got yoga moves but I also got silly natural expressions I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

So what this all boils down to is paying attention.  I can be loud and funny when I need to but I am always watching for those special moments.  Those "in betweens".

Stayed tuned for next weeks installment.
xoxoxo!
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment